Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just haning out



Today is day 2 post surgery. The first night after surgery was a long night. I wasn't able to hold down pain medication all afternoon the first day. Finally at 11pm I took pain meds and kept them down. I was unable to sleep much that night, it is hard to stay in one position in the cpm machine for the whole night. Wednesday was better. I was so tired I slept well, pain meds stayed down and I could finally get comfortable. Jonah and Mason went to cub scout day camp on wednesday and today. They had a blast yesterday; they talked about it for a couple of hours after they came home. I had some neighbors who helped take the girls for the day, the girls have been more of a challenge to keep entertained. My relief society president came by yesterday and brought food for sandwiches for lunch and she helped fold and put away laundry for me.

Today, thursday, the girls are down at the neighbors again, thank goodness. This neighbor is an older couple that are babysitting their grandkids this week and Ellie and Jess play well with the kids. Nancy also feeds my kids and keeps them until I am ready for them to come home. The boys went to camp again today, I can't wait to hear of their experiences.

I received flowers today from my sisters and parents. Thank you!!! Attatched is a picture of me in the cpm machine holding the flowers.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

What a pain in the "knee"! I would be completely miserable. Good luck healing and I hope the lilies bloom nicely. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Hays Family said...

So sorry you have to go through this pain and suffering. It is very difficult to be laid up and be a mom too. I pray you will receive lots of help from kind neighbors, family and friends. May you heal quickly!