Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jessica's Adventures


Blind meets Shy in the Bathroom
On the 5th of July we went to my Aunt Lorrie's cabin for an extended family dinner. We were down by the fire when my James and his wife Kris arrived. (Kris lost her eye sight to retinal cancer and has prosthetic eyes.) Kris was on the balcony of the cabin and she asked Jeff and I if Jessica was our daughter. We said "yes" and then Kris said if she needs therapy later in life that she will pay for it. Kris began to laugh and proceeded to tell us what had happened. Kris came in from the car and needed to use the bathroom so she went in the bathroom, pulled down her pants and proceeded to sit down on the toilet. As she began to sit, she felt little legs on the toilet underneath her own. She stood up and asked if someone was there, then Jessica spoke up and said she was going potty. Kris said Jessica didn't make peep. When Jessica came out of the cabin, she sat by me and I asked Jess what happened, Jessica said "Mom a lady almost sat on me in the bathroom, she didn't even see me." The adults kept laughing about the situation all night.


Sunday, July 6th
On the way to church Jessica asked, " Mom, do marshmallows lay eggs?". Jeff and I looked at each other and started laughing. What a smart question.


Don't take without asking
Thursday, July 10th

Jessica often plays with the twin boys across the street, Josh and Max, they are five. Jessica loves to snag treats from their house, they keep a good stock of drinks, gummy snacks etc. I keep trying to teach Jessica that she can't just open their cupboards and fridge and take things without asking. She needs to wait until the snack is offered or she needs to ask. I noticed I failed in this teaching when Jessica came home from her friends the other day.
I called the kids home for lunch. Jessica proudly walks in with a piece of pizza in one hand and a can of pop in the other. She said," I had lunch at Josh and Max's". I noticed the pop wasn't opened and I didn't recognize the soda. I looked at the can of soda and read, BUD LIGHT. I asked Jessica if she asked to have this pop, she was hesitant and then answered yes. I told her I didn't think she asked because I knew their dad wouldn't have given her a beer. We took the beer back so their grandfather could have his drink. We had a pretty good laugh about it. I again discussed with Jessica we don't take without asking.

Jessica keeps us laughing and on our toes.

3 comments:

~Pam said...

How boring life would be without kids!

Lara Zierke said...

I love the story of the pizza and "pop". Good thing Jessica didn't drink it! She is way too funny.

Groff Family said...

Funny, funny stories. It's almost too bad that she didn't drink her soda, she would have hated it and never wanted to drink soda again! I still laugh inside my head every time I think about Kris and Jess in the bathroom. Too hilarious!